Friday, May 21, 2010

chemotherapy cycle 1, week 4

Yesterday, Jason received the last chemotherapy for the maintenance chemotherapy cycle #1. 7 more cycles to go!!!! On the 4th week of each maintenance chemotherapy, he only receives one medication called carboplatin which is the one probably making him nauseated but good thing is that no vincristine this week! yay~
During this week, Jason tried to pull himself up many times and with mommy and daddy's help, he could stand up a few seconds holding on to the coffee table. The dose reduction with vincristine is maybe taking its effect.. yahoo~~ Since he didn't receive vincristine this week and will be off chemotherapy for next two weeks, hopefully, he can do more standing up and maybe we will try walking with holding hands together!
His oncologist recommended that we continue to massage and flex his ankles & feet and try to get the physical therapy on board again to help him with his motor problem. If Jason continues to resist with the physical therapy, doctor said then the next step to help with his motor problem will be some kind of body cast or something..I hope we don't have to go this far to make him walk again...
But for now, let's try standing up again, Jason!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's great!
    Hopefully his physical strenght will improve too.
    It's just too much for him and your family to handle all these....but w/ God's help...
    nothing is impossible.
    Believe in him...God is strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you but I "believe" that you and your son Jason will win this battle together.

    I am so glad Jason finished his first round of Chemo and feeling better.
    I will pray everyday so his second round will be as successful and cause less pain.

    You as a mom inspire all of us moms out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry...I should have asked you first if I could post my comments since I don't know you and you don't know me...
    I hope you don't mind me commenting and also visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Mina, of course it's ok to post your comment. I am so thankful that you're keeping my Jason in your prayers. Your warm words of encouragement as comments are always welcome. Please visit as often as you want.

    ReplyDelete