Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good news & Bad news... MRI result

So, I talked to Dr. Packer on Friday about Jason's MRI result.
He said the final report from the senior radiologist is not available yet.. but from what doctors see on the MRI, Jason's tumor in the brain got smaller.  I forgot to ask how much smaller.. duh...I will have to ask Dr. Packer again this Thursday how much of it got smaller...
I was happy to hear that it got smaller but of course, there was a draw back... the metastasis on his spinal cord appeared to be worsened...=(   exact details will be asked this Thursday again...
but if the tumors on the spinal cord got worse then doctor said he would add another drug to his current chemotherapy.  The drug is called Gleevec which is usually used for a type of leukemia...but there are some studies showing that it might have favorable effects on brain tumor too.
We will know more details on Thursday once the final MRI report is available...

Some pictures of Jason...
The other day I gave him a lollipop!! haha.. what kind of mother would give her 22 month old baby a lollipop!  =)
but I would give him anything if he is willing to take anything by mouth!











He had the lollipop in his mouth for maybe less than 1 minute.. and didn't want it any more.


Bonus picture!
Jason right after he woke up from sedation for his MRI.












He has a pretty big bald spot on his side.. that's where he had a big incision for his brain surgery...

5 comments:

  1. Jason is so adorable. So much for someone so little to bear. Thank you for sharing this. I won't say that I can relate or fully understand what you're going through as I haven't walked your walk but know that you're not alone. I pray that you'll get good news on Thursday as you find out the final results of his MRI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I thought you had said that Jason was going through chemotherapy because of the spinal cord metastasis. Why did it get worse? :( But Jason looks good in the pictures. Who would ever imagine that he's going through chemotherapy? What a trooper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 목요일이면.. 내일이네..
    우리도 좋은 소식 있기를 기도하고 기다릴께~
    Jason도 형님도 계속 힘내고..
    우리가 아무 도움도 되지못해 정말 너무 미안해..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray that Jason gets better and better each day.
    I'll check in to see how the MRI result came out tomorrow. Hope for the best...
    Thanks for creating his blog and letting us know in details so we can pray sepecially for his conditions.

    God is Good!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...I can't believe I spelled specifically wrong :D can't function properly at night hoho.

    So how's the final MRI report?

    ReplyDelete